Customer Service Management in Sport
Main Topics of Study:
Definitions and Importance of Customer Service Focus on the Customer
- A definition of what is excellent customer service and who are the customers?
- The “gaps model of service quality”.
- The importance of excellent customer service and the impact of poor customer service.
- Consumer behaviour in services.
- Customer expectations of service and the “zone of tolerance” model.
- Customer perceptions of service and service encounters
Understanding Customer Requirements
- Measuring service quality.
- Determining customer service requirements and views on the current service using, for example, SERVQUAL surveys, critical incident surveys, mystery shopping, customer panels, focus groups etc.
- Using skills such as active listening, assertiveness training, establishing rapport, etc
Delivering and Performing Service
- The “Services Marketing Triangle”.
- Employees’ roles. Customers’ roles.
- Delivering services through intermediaries and electronic channels.
- Service recovery options and the handling of complaints