Managing People in Sport Organisations
Main Topics of Study:
Strategic human resource management (SHRM)
- Identify the origins of (SHRM) and how it relates to management
- Understand the differences between HRM and SHRM.
- Understand the importance of SHRM as an internal process.
- Describe a model of SHRM and identify the key elements of SHRM’S good practice.
- Link the SHRM and sport organisation performance.
Human resource planning and strategy
- Explain the process of HR planning for future organisational requirements.
- Describe the process of job analysis.
- Outline the key components of job description and different approaches to job design.
- Link HR planning to sporting organisational goals.
Recruitment and selection for sport organisations
- Understand the strategic importance of recruitment, selection,
and placement to an organisation.
- Understand the links between recruitment and selection and other HRM activities.
- Describe different trends, sources and methods for generating a pool of job applicants.
- Understand a variety of selection techniques and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Training and development in sport organisations
- Articulate the significance of training and development in sport organisations.
- Understand the aims of employee and volunteer learning.
- Explain the training and development model.
- Describe how effective training and development contributes
to organisational development.