Sports Mega Events Management
Main Topics of Study:
Events – What are they? Types of events
- The events market is huge and expanding.
- There is a need to understand the term “Special Event”.
- Furthermore to look at types of sports events in terms of size, Major, Hallmark and Mega-events.
The role of governments can play in events and the use of events by the corporate sector
- Governments play a leading role in events and increasingly employ event strategies in order to guide their involvement.
- Some have used them in tandem with other policies and strategies as tools for urban regeneration and development.
- The corporate use of events for internal and external benefit and return on investment (ROI).
Event impact and legacies
- Events aspects such as; social, cultural, economic, environmental or political aspects.
- Economic impacts and the role of government.
- Community perceptions of event impacts.
- Monitoring the long-term impacts and legacies.
Sustainable development and the Olympic games
- Sports events: and the concept of sustainable development.
- Large scale sporting events and how they have become a vehicle for processing their host community’s efforts at sustainable development.